The Information and Decision Support Systems Lab of INESC-ID is organised in a single research group with around 25 senior and associate researchers, about the same number of junior researchers (PhD students), and various MSc students and visiting scholars.
Iniatives in the unit span:
- Research projects
- Innovation and cooperation activities with governmental and industrial partners
- Supervision of students in advanced research programmes
- Training and consulting services
- Knowledge transfer activities though creation of technology-based startups
Startup companies launched by researchers at IDSS include:
- HeartGenetics, Genetics and Biotechnology SA, with products and services in computational biology and bioinformatics.
- Siquant Lda, with products and services in model-driven engineering, content management systems, and geographic information systems.
José Borbinha (Coordinador), and Alexandre Francisco (Co-Coordinador).